- There are no calendar items for this month or next month.
Announcing SEW DAYS 2018!
Join us this summer to sew some easy-to-make, fun projects!
For six Saturdays in June and July Thimble Fingers Sewing Studio will be open to current and past Basic Sewing students (and their friends!) to come and sew just for fun.
These classes are perfect if you want to practice on some fast and easy projects, . . . or if you want to introduce a friend to your favorite pastime . . . or you need an excuse to get back to sewing . . . or if you just want to join your fellow enthusiasts for some sewing fun!
There are six classes available on Saturdays, June 16 through July 28 from 1:30-4:00 pm. Full schedule is below. (No class on July 7.)
Only $5 per person per session! Cost of kits or materials are extra.
Materials for each project are kitted up and available in the studio for purchase. Each kit comes complete with fabric, notions and pattern instruction sheet. Please note that the fabrics in the kits are from our studio collection, and are not those seen in the images below.
CLICK HERE to view or print out the supplies list.
If you prefer to raid your own sewing stash, you can print out the supplies lists from our website and bring your own materials. The pattern instruction sheets will be available for $2.50 each.
Each week’s class will feature a different project, from table runners to aprons to card cases, so you don’t need to worry about searching through pattern books and choosing a project -- everyone will work on the same project each week, receiving guidance through each step.
- Week 1 (June 16): Table runner
- Week 2 (June 23): Tote bag
- Week 3 (June 30): Tea towel apron
- Week 4 (July 14): Quick zip bag
- Week 5 (July 21): Card case
- Week 6 (July 28): Sewing tool organizer
You can sign up for one class or all six!
Space is limited to ten students per class and students will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis, so sign up now! Call us at (281)493-1941 or CLICK HERE to sign up Online
- Who should sign up for Sew Days classes?
- Any adult over 18 with an interest in sewing, wanting to work on something that's fast and easy
- If life has taken you away from your sewing
- If you don't feel like searching through pattern books
- If you're new at sewing and have been let down by online tutorials and want a bit more guidance through a project
- If you just want to work on a fun project that you can finish in a couple of hours
- If you want to sew in a fun social atmosphere and be with others who love sewing
- All are welcome!
- What if I’ve never done any sewing before?
- Go ahead and join us! We can get you up and going on these projects after a brief orientation.
- Can I bring my own project to work on?
- Do I have to purchase all the supplies ahead of time? How can I be sure I have all of the correct materials?
- You do not have to purchase supplies ahead of time, as we will have kits made with our beautiful fabrics available for purchase! All you need to bring is yourself and your basic sewing supplies (scissors, seam ripper, seam gauge, etc.).
- If you purchase a kit, you will receive the pattern and instructions to take home, along with ways to customize the projects and to take them to another level if you choose. The pattern and instructions can be purchased for just $2.50 by those bringing their own fabrics and notions.